Option 1: The historical method:
- Add you Skill Level + the roll of the dice and take the result
- If the result is greater than a target number determined by the difficulty of the task (target numbers are about equal to 3 times the DL) you succeed.
- If it's less you fail, but you can expend some Attribute points or Experience points to overcome this by bringing the total of Skill Level + Roll >= target number.
Option 2: A potentially newer method (with no dice rolling required):
- If your Skill level is greater than the difficulty level the task automatically succeeds.
- If the difficulty level of the task is greater than the skill level than you could spend attribute points so that your Skill Level + Points spent >= the Difficulty Level. You can only spend a maximum number of points equal to the level of the skill.
What do you think? Please leave comments below!